The History of KSCQZD

 

In December 1948,  by order of the Ministry of health of the USSR (№ 739 from 09.12.1948) on the basis of the Almaty anti-plague station (APS) was organized by the Central Asian research anti-plague Institute (CARAPI) to conduct fundamental and applied researchin the field of dissemination, prophylaxis and  prevention of quarantine and zoonotic infections.

In the 1960s of the XX century the institute was the methodical center almost all(except for the Turkmen SSR) anti-plague service of Central Asia and Kazakhstan which was specialized anti-epidemic service and was under direct supervision of  Head department of quarantine infections of Ministry of Health of the USSR.

From 1949 to 1991, the center was entitled “Central Asian Anti-Plague Scientific Research Institute”.

  • In 1991, the anti-plague service of the Republic passed into jurisdiction of the Ministry of  Health of the Republic of  Kazakhstan (MH RK). In January 1992 the Central Asian anti-plague Institute was transformed into  Kazakh anti-plague research Institute (KAPRI) MH RK, and in 2001  KAPRI was renamed into  the Republican State-owned enterprise « M. AIKIMBAYEV’S KAZAKH SCIENTIFIC CENTER OF QUARANTINE AND ZOONOTIC DISEASES» (KSCQZD).
  • Currently  KSCQZD– advisory-methodical centre of the anti-plague system of the Republic of Kazakhstan,  functioning in the complex with 9 anti-plague stations of the Committee on consumer protection of the Ministry of national economy of the Republic of Kazakhstan.